On March 22, 1950, an electrical short triggered a fire at the Colorado School for Deaf and Blind in Colorado Springs. Students rescued a painting of General William Jackson Palmer, the school’s benefactor. Firefighters contended with low hydrant pressure. The evacuation was orderly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
*
*

Looking for a high-res photo for non-commercial use? Contact Us.
Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of any photos on this site is strictly prohibited. Interested in a commercial use license? Contact Us.
All images on this Web site are © Copyright 1900-2019, Kim Toborek, All rights reserved.