Mt. Sopris, Oct. 6th 1958.
Above: Town of Gilman, CO taken in 1966 while still occupied. It was abandoned in 1984 by order of the Environmental Protection Agency because of toxic pollutants, including contamination of the ground water from the mines. Today, it is a ghost town.
Fred Hamilton and 1950 Ford. Taken in 1956.
Henry, Don, and Clif, November 21 1965.
Edward R. Hartman and Mollie Hartman lived in Montrose, CO. They were parents of Sidney Alonzo Hartman, who is responsible for many photos on this site. Mollie died from cancer some time around 1960.
Historical photos of 1503 Cedar Ave, Boulder Co. The house was built in 1920 and purchased in 1935 by Henry and Clara Pardi. A Pardi has lived there ever since. Larry Pardi was the last to live in the house, and passed away in 2014. The above photo was taken on Oct. 12th 1969.
On March 22, 1950, an electrical short triggered a fire at the Colorado School for Deaf and Blind in Colorado Springs. Students rescued a painting of General William Jackson Palmer, the school’s benefactor. Firefighters contended with low hydrant pressure. The evacuation was orderly.